Monday, September 17, 2018

Life is not a Problem to be Solved, but a Mystery to be Lived.

Someone once told me that life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to lived. As I think about this more, I find that these are helpful words to  remember when things in life get confusing. 


The act of solving usually isn't an easy thing. I wouldn't say I enjoy the solving process as it can be trying, but at the same time I am grateful for a newer voice inside me thats recently helped me be a stronger person. Knowing whats ok and whats not is one thing, but having the courage to talk about it is the first step to actually getting something resolved. When you are ready to talk its important to pause and say to yourself that
whatever this thing is, that this...that all of life stuff... is a mystery to be lived. That whatever the outcome... it was meant to be there as a part of your process. Your adventure, your overcoming, your exploration, your ride. Your journey!  Right now we are work in progress. We are “becomings.”

What if every hardship you've gone through, every single one no matter how difficult it was or currently is, actually happened to better you after as an individual? To teach you, to strengthen you, to make you more wise. To feel something that God wants us to feel and know. What if we could actually see these experiences as blessings during the shock factor?  The 'I'm grateful for this uncomfortable situation' thought process is usually not felt till after the fact....but if there was a way to train ourselves to feel this way during the mystery, I wonder if this would help us manage life's curveballs significantly better.

This year has been a year of mystery for me. With my health, with men, with my car, in my career and life as a whole...all mysteries that have been apart of my journey. I've learned that if you want to make something right, a solution usually won't just fall into your lap.  You may have to fight for one.  It shouldn't be this way, I don't think. But, it seems to be designed this way. To help us. To grow. To learn. The more we learn , the more we realize how little we know. And what we know matters, but remembering that who we are through all of life's mysteries is what matters the most. 

In a perfect world, in my perfect world at least, everything would be simple. Thats why during tough stuff, its important to try and keep as much as you can simple and light around you.  Stay tuned for the most simple yet beautiful and relaxing at home spa experience to come! 🌹



No comments:

Post a Comment