Thursday, February 17, 2022

It’s almost midnight. Typing away, you are on my mind. Maybe I know you already or maybe I will meet you in the future. I don't know, all I know is that whoever you are, you are everything Ive always dreamed of and more. I’m sure you’re probably asleep right now because you’re responsible and disciplined. Or maybe you’re like me and you lay awake at night and think and talk to the Lord and then think some more. 


I love to love. The desire to serve, encourage, and love burns deep inside my heart. I'm a hopeless romantic but this is SO much more than flowers on anniversaries and romance on holidays. This is more than IG posts of you throwing me over your shoulder and running around the house. This is the Lord’s work. Its the seemingly small every day things that nurture affection, the little gestures that stem from him. It's noticing each others hard work and showing appreciation for each other. It's seeing that we aren't a competition and making each others dreams and needs a priority.  By grace and grace alone he will give me you, a wonderful and faithful partner. Right now this very second, he is preparing your heart to lead and love me. I can’t wait to serve you and serve the Lord along side of you. This is more than the novels of love. This is a partnership to serve God. As much as I love the mushy gushy, corny, frilly, romantic things (TRUST ME I LOVE THEM ALL) - my heart is focused on so much more -on eternal things.


I’ve written you many letters, songs and poems. I dream about you often. I pray that you are falling in love with Jesus every day. I pray that you extend grace. I pray that you think of me and know that there is a woman out there who loves and yearns for you. God is also preparing her heart. He is speaking to her, teaching her, guiding her, disciplining her, all so that one day through joy and tears, pain, loss, fun times, excitement and new beginnings- she will be a strong and loving helper, servant, sister in Christ, and a true partner. 


I look forward to the long work days. The ones when you come home to a wife that wants to fill your cup after you’ve poured out on others all day. I look forward to being someone that seeks the Lord and seeks her worth in God rather than you so that I can better love you. I look forward to wrapping around you and laughing with you. I look forward to working through miscommunication and promising to never go to bed mad. I look forward to fighting with you, then turning around and loving you even more afterwards. But most importantly, I look forward to serving the Lord alongside of you for the rest of our lives. Just two broken sinners who love God, love each other and want to do life together.  Praying for you always, loving you from afar- your soulmate.✝

No comments:

Post a Comment